Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Day in the Life: December 2014

Well December is just about wrapping up and I thought it would be fun to do "A Day in the Life" in the month of December! 

December was a crazy month for me and it usually always is. Between finals, last minute projects, holiday shopping, packing and of course getting sick with pneumonia and strep, I am beyond tired by the end of the month. So to make myself feel better I thought I would write a blog post on some shopping I did recently. 

This month I did a lot of shopping which was much needed since I needed to buy some new winter clothes anyway! (I've outgrown a lot of things recently) I will probably post a separate blog post discussing some of the things I picked up on a recent Target and Plato's Closet trip! But for now I want to share with you a few things I picked up while I was shopping at the King of Prussia Mall this past week because I am more than excited about my purchases! 



So the first store I went to while I was at the King of Prussia Mall was of course Lilly Pulitzer! Probably my favorite store in the entire world! I actually wasn't planning on purchasing anything special while I was there. I was just in the mood to browse and maybe pick up a couple koozies but of course while I was there I ran into something very special.....


The Getaway Quilted Vest and the most gorgeous Sarasota Tunic I have seen in a long time! Both of which were on sale! I could not believe I found the Getaway Vest in particular since I had actually had my eye on it for the longest time but it sold out online. It was the last Getaway Vest in the store in a size Extra Extra Small so I decided to try it on and believe it or not, it fit! (Thank the Lilly Gods!) I wish it was in an Extra Small because I would have been able to layer shirts with it but the Extra Extra Small will do. I asked one of the lovely ladies at Lilly to check to see if they had any Extra Smalls or Smalls available at any of the other stores but they were actually sold out of the vest in 
 every Lilly store in the country which was beyond crazy! 

As for the Sarasota Tunic, it fit me just perfectly (I tried on a Small). But at the end of the day I decided to just go with the Getaway Vest since it was still somewhat pricey. It is by far one of the most amazing Lilly items I own! The gold buttons are such an amazing detail and the "Multi Hot Spot" print in the inside of the vest is gorgeous.

The next store I decided to stop by was Vineyard Vines!  This store was beyond crowded and the line was out the door so I didn't actually get a chance to buy anything. I had my eye on a Vineyard Vines Travis Tumbler but I wasn't going to wait in line just for that.


After Vineyard Vines I went into L.L.Bean to look for the Bean Boot key-chain which I found but in a red color! I decided to buy it since it was so darn cute and it was only $7.95! (How cute is that little bean boot?!)


After L.L.Bean I went to Francesca's which is my go-to store! I saw this really cute jewelry tray while I was browsing! I almost bought it but I practiced self control! (Even though I might secretly go back and buy it!) 



 After Francesca's my boyfriend and I decided to head on home since the Mall was getting really crowded! After our shopping trip we decided to go on a little picnic since it was so beautiful outside. And there is truly nothing better than WaWa hoagies (subs) and fresh fruit for lunch! 


After dinner we decided to go on a walk around the neighborhood because the sun was shining and it was so warm outside! (Reppin that Bama! Roll Tide!)


When we got home we just relaxed and watched a couple movies! I also cleaned my Kendra Scott earrings since I wore them out earlier that day! (How gorgeous are they?!) 


As for some outfit details! I wanted to be comfortable walking around the mall so I opted for a purple pinko top I bought at Kohls (on sale now for $6.99), my J.Crew Herringbone Vest, some basic black leggings, my Longchamp Les Pliage Bag in Beige, and my new Kendra Scott Danielle Earrings in Mystic Iridescent.


I hope everyone did some shopping of their own this month! There were so many great deals going on! I'm excited for January to roll around so I can do even more shopping! 

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment